Job Title: Software Developer – Planet Learning
Location: Remote in Guatemala
Organization: Open Learning Exchange (OLE)
About Open Learning Exchange (OLE):
Open Learning Exchange (OLE) is a non-profit organization dedicated to supporting communities to empower its members through transformative learning, catalyzing community business development, and equipping individuals with essential skills. OLE’s mission is to empower and uplift communities, creating an environment where every member can thrive and reach their full potential, despite any obstacles such as poverty, corruption, and violence.
As a Software Developer for Planet Learning, you will play a crucial role in enhancing and maintaining our innovative educational platform. You will work with cutting-edge technologies, including Angular, CouchDB, Raspberry Pi’s, and Docker to deliver an accessible and engaging learning experience to users worldwide. Your contributions will directly impact the lives of learners and communities.
- Develop, maintain, and enhance the Planet app using Angular and CouchDB.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to design and implement new features and functionalities.
- Ensure the scalability, security, and performance of the application.
- Manage Linux-based server environments, including Raspberry Pi devices, and perform system administration tasks.
- Utilize Docker containers and networks for efficient deployment and containerization on Raspberry Pi.
- Troubleshoot and resolve technical issues as they arise.
- Stay up-to-date with emerging technologies and industry best practices.
- Proficiency in Angular.
- Strong Linux knowledge for server management and administration.
- Experience with Docker containers and Docker networks.
- Familiarity with NoSQL databases and database design i.e CouchDB
- Problem-solving skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent communication and teamwork abilities.
- A passion for education and community empowerment.
- Knowledge of version control systems (e.g., Git, Github)
- Knowledge of working in teams using Github.
- Proficiency in Spanish and English is required.
How to Apply:
If you are passionate about using technology to make a positive impact on education and communities, we would love to hear from you. Please submit your resume, a cover letter explaining your interest in the role and your relevant experience, and any relevant portfolio or project work to [email protected], with the title ‘Angular Developer Role – [Your Name]’.
Join us in our mission. Be part of a dynamic team dedicated to transforming learning worldwide. Open Learning Exchange is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds and experiences.