Communications & Development Internship
Open Learning Exchange works with our nation-based partners to ensure that everyone, especially girls and young women, living in poverty and disruption, master the specific knowledge and skills they need to thrive. We are making this possible with innovative, open information technologies as a tool for supporting Community Learning Centers that provide access to personal learning that is team-supported and connected with others around the world. This approach solves three critical challenges in education, especially in low-resource settings: lack of good learning resources, lack of effective teachers, and isolation––lack of ways to enrich learning by connecting globally. Planet Learning addresses each of these problems by moving from education to active, learner-driven, team-supported and connected learning that enables all learners to experience power, meaning and connection in their lives.
This is a “hands on” unpaid internship opportunity set to begin September 2017 and run through August 2018. In this position, you will assist the Director of Communications and Development in a variety of activities that will include but not be limited to developing and implementing social media strategy and online communications (email marketing, blogging), fundraising research and planning, SEO and Google Analytics support and maintenance, as well as administrative duties and participation in operational and program related meetings.
- Candidates must be able to work at least 15 hours a week;
- College junior, seniors or recent graduates pursuing a degree in communications or a related field are preferred;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Must be flexible, able to handle multiple projects and meet tight deadlines;
- Excellent storytelling, verbal and written communication skills;
- Collaborative work ethic; and
- Skills in WordPress, Salesforces, e-mail marketing programs, and Google Analytics preferred.
This internship can be taken for college credit. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Job Type: Internship
Job Location: Cambridge, Massachusetts